Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Brain of Swirls

The end of summer is like a climax right before settling back into a routine. A climax of insanity, basically. Total, complete, utter insanity. Today started at about 5:15 am, which is the time that I woke up to go to 6:00 am volleyball practice. It was a very normal practice. After practice, I went on a bike ride in my neighborhood, which was great. My ipod set on shuffle has never picked better songs than it did today (From Ella Fitzgerald to Landon Pigg to Coldplay...greatness.). That alone energized me. After the bike ride, I got ready and headed to go swimming with my friends, which was great. After that, we all headed over to Tim's house to eat and watch a movie. We always have good times. From the movie, I tagged along with Tim and his mom while Mia and Naomi had swim practice. I love those girls (Tim's lovely sisters, that is.). From swim, we all met up again at Gracie's house for a delicious spaghetti dinner.

Eli is house-sitting at a lovely house close to Gracie's, so I joined her there for a bit after dinner. We had a grand old time jumping on the trampoline, swimming, talking, and lounging around outside. You know...outside is better than inside. In pretty much any situation. I've come to strongly believe that. Especially after spending time in the indescribable beauty of the hills of Jamaica. Oh my goodness, I can't express how much I would love to return there this very moment. God is GOOD, in every conceivable sense of the word.

Anyways, now I'm home. I hung out with my dad and the boys for a while when I first got home. It was lovely. We are all so busy that time when we are all together is rare. When Mom got home, I went upstairs with her, where we talked and watched The Middle. Have you watched that show? If not, you should. It's harmless and hilarious. One of those shows that you can relate to so well that it's ridiculous. Ok, well, I'm going to wind this up. I guess I was just feeling rather wordy tonight. My brain is very swirly right now.

-wordy caylielane.

No comments:

Post a Comment