Saturday, August 28, 2010

Flip Flopping Life

My life is so....irregular. I can't even define what I just said. I can never seem to settle into any form of a routine lifestyle, especially now that i'm home schooled. It's draining and crazy, but I don't mind.

Last night, there was a back to school party for my youth group at a Gator Golf Park. We played mini-golf and rode go carts. It was so much fun, hanging out with all my friends. A couple of new girls came that had never been to our group before, and I loved hanging out with them. They were sisters, and they had just moved here from Memphis. They were really nervous going into the party, but I think they felt really welcomed in. What good is a youth group that doesn't welcome people?

After the party, I went to my friend Anna's house for a sleepover with a bunch of friends from my old school. It was for Anna's seventeenth birthday....seventeen? Seriously? Do I really have friends that old? In fact...am I really turning seventeen in three months?? Wow. I can't believe how old everyone, including me, is getting. Anyways. The party was wonderful. It was just a great girl time. We talked, laughed, and ate. Great times. I really do miss those girls. So much. But I'm so thankful that they are still in my life.

One foolish thing that I did last night was eat a piece of strawberry cake. Why? Gluten. I figured, I hadn't eaten gluten all day, one little piece of cake wouldn't do anything...FALSE. My stomach was doing flips for the rest of the night. At least I was with people I loved. It was worth it.

I kind of want to go walking now. It's a pretty day outside. It's getting cooler, you know that? It is. Normally, that wouldn't make me happy at all. But now that I love walking and running, I can appreciate some cooler weather. Haha. For those purposes alone, of course. I'm still a summer girl at heart. Well, I'm going to go walking now. Hooray!

-caylielane.

No comments:

Post a Comment