Tuesday, August 10, 2010

It's Me Again!

Hello, hello! It's 7:58 and I just got home from 6 am volleyball practice. Lately, I've been pretty busy. Surprised? Me neither.

Sunday was a good day. We went to church, which was great. After church my family headed home for some chill time. I ended up going to get some ice cream with that one I like to call Carolyn. She's so lovely. After that, it was time for Carson's 4th birthday party. 4th! I can't believe how old he is. His party was at the Little Gym, which is a miniature gym where kids can goof around and play games. It was perfect for Carson and his little buddies.

From the party, I went over to Tim's house and hung out with him, Scott, and Gracie. We have good times, have I ever mentioned that? We watched the 2nd half of Lord of the Rings. And I ate salad-good salad. Good night. So that's Sunday for you.

Which brings us to yesterday. Yesterday, I had 6 am volleyball, which was fine. I came home all sweaty and nasty, so after cleaning up and getting ready, I did some cleaning and ate breakfast.

Then, we went to Eli's grandfather's funeral. It's such a sad thing that has happened, it's hard to know what to think. But the sermon was really good, and reminded everyone that with Christ, you never truly die. "Death" is only the beginning of true life. That's where comfort can be found in tragic times like this. Eli and her family have been getting lots of prayer from people who love them very much.

After leaving the church, I went home, cleaned, and then hung out with friends for the rest of the day. We walked in the rain, swam, watched a movie, ate, talked...it was good.

Today, I've already had volleyball practice, which was normal. Good. Yup. Then at 11, I'm going to Eli's grandmother's funeral, which will not be an easy thing to sit through. I have always heard about how wonderful she is from Eli, and even though I only met her once, I know she was a really great lady and that she will be so missed. I hate to see Eli hurting like this.

From there, I'm going to the orientation for co-op, which starts in less than a week. Hooray! I'm a dork and love co-op. I really do, I tell no lies. Mostly because of the people there, but not entirely. I'm actually ready for some schoolwork. I often am at this time of year. I usually regret it 3 or 4 months later, but I'm open to this mindset...considering that schoolwork is inevitable.

OK, well, I should probably start getting ready somewhere in the range of now. Yeah. Most likely. Ok, I'm off. Have a good day, blog reader!

How many psychiatrists does it take to change a light bulb?...Only one, but the light bulb has to WANT to change.

-caylielane.


No comments:

Post a Comment