Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Pondering...

Yesterday was Carson's 4th birthday. Can you believe it?! He's all...all...he's all old and stuff now. Totally crazy, I tell you. And Christian is now officially taller than me. What is this world coming to?

Last night we went out for Carson's birthday dinner with our whole family, plus Mimi, Papa, and Jeanna. It was delicious, and lots of fun. I got a turkey burger, which was shockingly great to me. I'm not much of a burger person, but I was craving something other than a salad, so I decided to step out and try it. IT'S GOOD.

Carson was being all cute and stuff. He loves being the center of attention, so last night was his paradise. Cupcakes, singing, gifts...he was one happy camper. In my opinion, the best gift (by far) that he got was Play Doh. Memories...the smell of it alone makes me joyful.

Yesterday, my mom and I went shopping for school supplies, and you know what dawned on me? I realized that this was my second to last time to go shopping for school supplies, as a high schooler. Wow. Since when did I get old? I'm sixteen, soon to be driving, soon to have a job making smoothies...it's just wierd.

I've probably mentioned this song on my blog before, but Stop This Train by John Mayer is good. It applies to my life as far as getting older goes....you should listen to it. Preferably the acoustic version. I'm a big fan of acoustic music. Also...the song 100 Years by Five for Fighting will make you think.

I'm spending most of today at the church. We are having a dinner for everyone who wants to hear the youth group talk about Jamaica. I'm super excited about it... I really think it will be great. I could talk about Jamaica and the amazing things that happened there all day long. Oh, I can't express how much I want to go back. Anyways, I'm getting to the church early with some of my friends to help set up.

I guess I should get ready now, huh? Yeah. Affirmative.

-caylielane.

No comments:

Post a Comment