Monday, May 24, 2010

Long Post Alert! :)

Greetings! You know what? I have a good life. And a good family. And good friends. And I've had a good day. You know why? I'm assuming you don't. I shall tell you. What are blogs for?

Today started off with the Athletic Club. My dad and I usually go early in the morning, and this one was no exception. We lifted weights to our heart's desire, and then some. We were home by 7:40, and by 8:00, I was up in my room, doing schoolwork like a mad person. And let me tell you, I was highly productive. I basically ate math and biology for breakfast. Well, that and some Wheaties. I finished school by about 12:30, which was nice. No interruptions.

When I was done, I headed downstairs, made myself some lunch, and went out by the pool to eat and read. It was absolutely wonderful. It would have been perfect if it weren't for getting a bit sweaty. (Don't get me wrong, summer weather is where it's at!) It was at that moment that I realized how abundantly grateful I am that we have a cold, wet, blue pool in our back yard. Yes, I was wearing shorts and a tank top. But I jumped in, right then and right there. Words cannot express the beautiful feelings of joy that...overwhelmed my soul at that moment. Yes. For the next hour or so, I was in and out of the pool. Read, swim, read, swim.

Before long, Mom, Christian, Carson, and I were headed to the Athletic Club (summer days regularly consist of two AC trips in a day for me.). Carson had a swim lesson. I watched him swim...he's getting so big and strong. He can swim quite a ways now, without floaties or anything. After the lesson, Mom and the boys went home, but I stayed and ran a bit. I like running. Have I mentioned that? There's nothing like it.

That lovely friend of mine called Carolyn picked me up around 4:30. We drove home, I grabbed some stuff, and then headed to her house. I like her house. We have good times together there. Well, we have good times wherever. We hung out at the house for a little bit, and then Scott, Charles, Carolyn, and I headed to eat dinner at a mexican restaurant. I got tortillas with rice and beans, like always (details, much?). After that, we went back home and hung out for a while. Good stuff, man. Then, the four of us headed to Academy Sports. The guys wanted to buy some Tshirts, I do believe. Carolyn and I laughed because we found ourselves sitting while the guys were shopping. Ironic? Yes.

And now we are home. Carolyn and I are hanging out in her room, being relaxed. And happy. We just finished coloring in a giant coloring book. And guess what? Carolyn let me pick the picture. Out of all the Disney princesses...I had no choice but to choose Belle. Beauty and the Beast simply cannot be beat. The picture turned out very beautiful. We had fun. We HAVE fun.

And now I'm terribly thirsty. And Carolyn wants tea. So, we shall head upstairs. Farewell, blog world.

-caylielane

1 comment:

  1. I like you :) and that was not even long at all to me, haha.

    ReplyDelete