Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Summer Slowdown

Dear Blog Reader,
I would like to apologize for my lack of blog posts. This time, I don't have my normal excuse of I've been too busy. Nope. Just the opposite, actually. This week, my life slowed down drastically. I pretty much always manage to stay super busy doing stuff with friends, but a bunch of my friends are out of town this week. Gracie and Tim are in Nashville for the mission trip, Scott is in Georgia, and Carolyn is in Germany. Arg. However, I've been getting lots of hang out time with that wonderful girl I like to call Eli. We've been together for basically 4 straight days. Yes. Aghh, she's fabulous.

Today, Eli and I ate lunch at the Athletic Club, and then came home while I studied biology for a while. Then, we went on a walk outside, which was lovely. Later, I went on a 3 mile run. It was...hot. It's just...odd. How slow my life has become so quickly. It's nice for a week, but I'll be thrilled when all of my people are back! Haha. I like to stay busy and social, and all that good stuff. In case you couldn't tell from my past posts.

Next week, I'm going to Brookhill as a junior counselor. Oh, wow, I'm so excited. I loved Brookhill as a camper, and being a counselor will be so, so great. I'm pumped.

Last night, I saw My Big Fat Greek Wedding for the first time with Eli. Every time I told anyone that I'd never seen it, they couldn't believe it, so I decided the time had come. And it was cute! Not life-changing or anything...but cute. Cute's the word.

Good verse- "A man of integrity walks securely, but he who takes crooked paths will be found out." Proverbs 10:9. Short, sweet, and to the point.

-caylielane.

No comments:

Post a Comment