Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Guess what.

Hey, blog. You've been good and faithful to me throughout the years, and I can't say I've been the same. Sure, I've never completely deserted you, but I've definitely had some dry spells. I can't promise I will never do that again, but I will say I wish I never had.

Guess what? My dad got my mom a birthday present. A really great one. You want to know what it was? A trip. But not just any trip. A trip for my mom and I to go to the Blissdom Blogging Conference in Nashville, TN! What? Who knew there were such things as blogging conferences? I definitely didn't. It's a pretty funny thought, actually. But it sounds like it's going to be really great! There are lots of different class options- I think I will take the classes that mainly focus on making your writing better. Have I mentioned that I love writing?

The conference is next weekend. I absolutely cannot wait! Neither can Mom. She's...ecstatic. This is SO her kind of thing, it's not even funny. Wow. I'm excited myself, but I'm almost MORE excited for her. I know she's wanted to go to this for a while, but didn't push it because of the cost and all the complications of school/getting kids taken care of and such. So, when Dad presented her with a certificate saying that all of that was taking care of, it was like someone took all words out of my mom's mouth and hid them away, leaving her with nothing-incapable of forming a full sentence-literally. She was in shock. Haha. I'm excited for both of us- girls weekend! And, I get to write a report about it for extra credit in my Persuasive Writing class. Hey, thanks, Mr. Graham.

Gracie and Tim will be here soon. We are going to get some homework done before heading out to a surprise party for two lovely twin girls by the names of Catherine and Abigail. Homework shall not be particularly fun, but better than it usually is because it will be with Gracie and Tim. I'm a big fan of both of those people, in case you didn't know that. And the party...it shall be great. I love surprise parties. And those girls. So this should work out just fine.

I have Hey Soul Sister by Train stuck in my head. Christian and I have been working on playing that on the guitar, so that would explain it. I like Balloon by Sara Haze a lot- it's dreamy. But not quite as much as Lovely. You and I by Ingrid Michaelson is a fun song. Ingrid Michaelson is just fabulous in general. Ah. Ingrid, will you be my friend?

-caylielane.

No comments:

Post a Comment