Friday, January 21, 2011

Hello To You.

Good morning! Yesterday was in fact, a lovely day. Eli returned home safe and sound, and our reunion was a joyous one. I stayed the night at her house, and we stayed up late talking about all that she did, saw, and bought in Italy and France. Oh, how I want to go...even more than I did yesterday. Which was a lot. I want to go to Europe, and I simply don't know how much longer I can wait.

Same goes for buying that Canon Rebel. The time is coming... I just need to find myself a job first. Oh, the day of purchase will be a glorious one.

Gracie will be here any minute- she will be with me from now until Sunday. Tonight, we leave with our youth group for Boring. Snow came, but it was more of a dusting, which was perfect. It brought me a smile, but interrupted no plans. Today, I'm going to try to get all of my homework done so that I don't have to worry about it during the retreat. I don't think I will (finish the work), considering I have a paper to write...and math to do...and Spanish...but I sure will try!

Eli brought me some lovely little things back from Europe-some precious bracelets and a puffy hair clip, both from from Florence, and a Eiffel tower keychain from under the tower itself. I wouldn't mind going there...sometime...soon. With lots and lots of spending money. Oh, job, how I need you.

It's cold in my house today.

Gracie has arrived! We are upstairs, laptops open, doing homework. Except for I'm not doing homework. Blogging is what I'm doing instead. And I'm listening to Lovely by that Sara girl. "Cause Iiiiiiiiii, I feel lovely the way I am....." Oh, how nice. Some songs, you love because of who sings it. Other songs, you love because of the beat. Other songs, you love because of the lyrics. And there are some songs that you just...don't love. I have found that Lovely is a lyric-love song.

Well...I guess its homework time for Caylie. Intense I shall be. All while listening to my Mat Kearny Pandora station.

I'm excited about Blissdom, and ready for Bored Weekend. And I'm still dreaming of Italy.

Oh wow...listen to Boyce Avenue's cover of Teenage Dream. I know...I know. You're surprised that I'm recommending a Katy Perry song, and frankly so am I. I will straight up tell you that I'm not a Katy Perry fan. I don't like the messages her songs convey, and it makes it even worse that she used to be a Christian singer. I don't like any of her songs, honestly. The reason why I like Boyce Avenue's cover so much is that they changed everything about the song...it was made into a simple almost-ballad, and they changed the lyrics to something much more beautiful and real. Please listen to this. My favorite lyric change...from Katy saying "let's go all the way tonight; no regrets, just love" to Boyce Avenue saying "let's just talk all through the night; there's no need to rush". Amen.

-caylielane.

-Caylielane.


No comments:

Post a Comment