Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My Cup Overfloweth.

Hello, hello. I have returned to this little blog of mine-not as quickly as I had hoped that I would, but I have returned nonetheless. I have realized what it is that causes dry spells of blogging. I feel like I am behind on the things that I want to talk about (Boring weekend, Blissdom) and it becomes this huge thing in my head that feels straight up overwhelming. So, in order to maintain some form of sanity, I'm going to quickly summarize Boring and Blissdom, and then I shall move on about my business.

Boring Weekend.

Boring Weekend was incredible. It was incredibly simple, incredibly deep, and and an incredibly needed break from the craziness of my life. We spent the weekend at a beautiful camp, being with each other and with God. We read part of Psalms, part of Acts, and the entire book of Phillipians. But what was so great was that it was much more than just reading the Bible. We read it, and then we discussed it in depth.

The great thing about discussing the Bible with other people is that you are exposed to the thoughts and ideas of other people, in addition to your own. More potential for learning and growth, not to mention awesome community. Times like Boring (far from it) Weekend strengthen my relationship with God as well as my relationship with the people around me. It was an awesome weekend. It was just right. Not too many people, and not to little.

Blissdom Blogging Conference ("blogging conference" is still hilarious to me...)

For a more in-depth post, including pictures, about our experience at Blissdom, look at my mom's super-adorable blog- www.christiswritingthewaves.blogspot.com Yup.

This was a really interesting experience for me. First off, I had no clue how huge the "blogosphere" was. Like...it's insane, I tell you. So many bloggers! Most of the people attending this conference were stylin' blogging mamas, so I was a bit out of place, but I didn't mind too much. I was with my mom, so I was never lonely. I learned a lot about blogging, and made connections with a ton of people! Mom and I also got some great quality time in. Haha.

Again, that was quite brief, so for more details, go to my mama's blog. Pretty please.

Well, rehearsals have started for Review the Revue! So exciting. I love doing shows at the Rep more than I love...like...Dove white chocolate. You can quote me on that. I love theatre. Haha. I think it will be a great show. I'm going to be crazy busy for the next month or so, but I will love every second of it. No joke. I tell no lies to you, reader of my blog.

Guess what? It's supposed to snow tomorrow! That's a pretty big deal down here in Arkansas. People get quite excited. That includes myself. Apparently we could get anywhere from 4 to 12 inches. I've heard both of those numbers and everywhere in between. Even if it's only 4ish, I'll take it! That means no co-op, just snow partying. So happy. Maybe I'll even drink hot chocolate! Haha.

Today, I'm going on a four mile run (accompanied by Tim, riding his bike), and then going to a basketball game to not only watch basketball, but watch my dear Eli cheer! She's going to be so great. I love her.

Speaking of that lovely lady, we had a fun night together last night. We met up at Target and shopped around a little bit, which was great. I love Target. Honestly. It's cheap, and it's cute. It brings me smiles, and all the warm and fuzzy feelings that come with them. Now if only I had some money. Anyhoo. After Target, we had stir-fry at an insanely fabulous Asian restaurant. Have I ever told you that I LOVE anything Asian? Especially if it's food. And especially if it's Eli. So, last night was great. And then we came home, did some homework, and went to bed at an oh-so-early 10:30 pm. That is absolutely unheard of for me.

Well, I suppose I shall go now. 'Tis time for me to do some last minute schoolwork, and then to go running with Timbo, and then to go cheer my heart out for Elizabeth Gail. This will be a happy day.
And, bonus-SNOW tomorrow! My cup overfloweth. Seriously.

-caylielane.

No comments:

Post a Comment