Thursday, March 10, 2011

Running On The Mind.

Well, it's Thursday, and so far so good, as far as the whole no-texting thing goes. I think it's gonna be a really good thing.

I am going to the Athletic club soon. Tim shall meet up with me there and we are going to work out and swim and stuff. It will be great! I've decided I'm just gonna go easy on my ankle until the half marathon. Maybe a few shorter runs here and there, but I'm not going to go on a long run between now and race day...that's only 10 days away!! I'm really excited. I can't even TELL YOU! It will be my second half marathon, and I get to run it with Carolyn! She's so wonderful.

After the half-marathon, I'm going to start focusing on my speed. I really want to improve my 5k time over the next year- right now my best time is around 26:30 (something around there.). That really isn't...specifically fast. Haha. I've trained myself to completely be a distance runner- meaning I can run a really LONG ways, but not overly fast. So, running a 5k (3.1 miles) actually is pretty intimidating, because it means I need to pick up the pace. I'm thinking I might be interested in running cross country in college, but if I wanted to do that, I'd need to shave some serious time off of my 5k! I'd like to get my time down below 23 minutes, at least. That's my goal!

So, after this half marathon, I'm going to start focusing on 5k's. It's official. (I mean, I've blogged about it. How much more official can it be?) I also want to run lots of 5k races in Arkansas this year. Let's just hope it actually happens!

I have my fourth-to-last show at the Rep tonight. Pretty crazy to think that it will all be over on Saturday night. Weird!

Schoolwork.

-caylielane.

No comments:

Post a Comment