Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Meet My New Friend, Lent.

Just so you know...

Please don't be offended if, at any point in the next 40 days, you text me and I do not respond. I'll probably respond by calling you, but who knows. Just know that I think you are dandy and the fact that you texted me made me smile.

The thing is, I'm giving up texting for Lent. That means absolutely NO TEXTING WHATSOEVER from tomorrow (Ash Wednesday) until Easter Sunday. It seems a little bit silly, doesn't it? Well, it would be if I were doing it out of hatred for texting, because I don't hate texting at all. In fact, I like texting. But that's what Lent is about. Giving up something that means something to you, and replacing it with something better. Whether it be reading the Bible, praying, making a new friend, or reading a good book, I want to spend the time that I would normally spend texting differently. In the next 40 days, I want to:

1.) Read the Bible more.

2.) Read a few really great novels.

3.) Have more phone conversations.

4.) Write. I love to write.

5.) Be more efficient in my homework doing.

6.) Keep my room clean.

I'm sure I forgot something, but those are some things I'd like to spend time doing.

I'm off. Call me! (:
-caylielane.

2 comments:

  1. so i was sitting at youth tonight and after looking at my phone like 5 times within a ridiculously short amount of time i thought what a great idea it would be to give up texting for lent! but i told myself it would be 'impractical' because i'm too good at justifying myself... but i just wanted to tell you how much i admire you for giving up texting and maybe we should hang out so your good habits will rub off on me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah it made me so happy to see that you commented! I miss hearing from you! (: i agree that we should definitely hang out.I think elizabeth said you are coming to the show on saturday? if so, I shall see you then! So excited! i love you. i miss you.

    ReplyDelete