Tuesday, February 16, 2010

No Facebook?!

Lent begins in approximately 1 hour and 25 minutes... also known as Ash Wednesday.

I'll be giving up facebook. It will be super hard, but I'm determined to stick with it. I usually participate in Lent, but this will be one of the hardest things I've done. Last year, I gave up all sweets. Oh boy. That was not easy. We'll see how this one goes. I can still text and email and all that fun stuff, so I won't have to worry about being totally disconnected. I think this will be really good for me because I can spend the time that I would normally spend on facebook doing something more productive, like reading, hanging out with the family, or getting some exercise. Not that I'm not active- I end each day absolutely exhausted. It's crazy.

Romans 12:1 says "Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices- holy and pleasing to God. This is your spiritual act of worship."

I love this verse because it not only reminds me that by sacrificing something during Lent, I am pleasing God. I also love how it says in view of God's mercy. It reminds me that my sacrifice of facebook is absolutely nothing compared to what God sacrificed for me- his own son. This is the least I can do.

So, here goes nothing. I'm determined to do this! If you see me around, tell me to stay away from facebook!

Ok, thanks. See ya.
-caylielane

No comments:

Post a Comment