Sunday, March 28, 2010

Reflections..

Last two days of break...check.

My spring break was a success. I spent the last few days hanging out with my family and friends. Perfect, absolutely perfect. Wonderful, fabulous.

I just got back from community group at St. Andrews. I just can't get over how amazingly blessed I have been this year with church and friends. I've got such awesome people around me. They make me want to be a better person, growing closer to Christ. Each and every one of my them. Literally. I was telling Chloe that today... you know how something incredible will happen in your life, and you'll say it was a God-thing? Well, my entire sophomore year has been a God-thing. I'm surrounded by some of the best friends I've ever had, some new and some old. I can't even get over it. I think about how great and defining this year has been almost every day.

I could write a whole book about all the ways God has shown Himself this year. He's been there in little things, and in really big things. I see Him in those little moments that would appear to be insignificant. I can see Him in a beautiful day, a great conversation, a new buddy, a silly moment... He's blessing me with the gift of joy. And then when you look back at your life, He appears in massive ways... like how I've looked back on this year and saw how the puzzle pieces all fit together. It's unreal, and very reassuring that we can rest in the fact that He sees more than we are capable of seeing. I didn't know why I was suddenly open to homeschooling last year; why my heart changed. It was God. I can see how that one decision to homeschool snowballed into a life-changing experience.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11. Also known as the anthem to this year.

-caylielane

3 comments:

  1. Hey, this is crib!
    NICE POST!! i almost started crying!
    -Peace Out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caylie, I'm and old friend of your mom - high school. She has shared with me your passion for Christ, which I share, performing, which I share, exercise, which I share, and writing, which I share.

    Loved reading your recent post and will continue to do so.

    ReplyDelete