Thursday, May 13, 2010

Looking Back

Yesterday....

Yesterday was the last day of co-op, first of all. Which really stinks. I LOVE co-op. I sound crazy to myself, since not long ago I dreaded it. But, this semester has been amazing. I've got some really awesome friends, and I hate that co-op is out. HATE.

After co-op, Gracie, Tim, Scott and I ("the foursome") headed to Gracie's house to hang out. We have good times, I tell you. About an hour or two later, Charles, Sammy, and Elizabeth showed up. GREAT TIMES. We just hung out, talked, listened to music...and ate, basically.

Elizabeth and I left Gracie's around 5:45 to go meet our FSM small group. Our leader Corrie (LOVE.) told us to make that meeting a priority, but she didn't tell us why, specifically. I had no clue what to expect. Before long, I knew. She and her family are moving to Denver, Colorado. Her husband is going to seminary. Our small group is over. I was in disbelief, literally. I still kind of am... Our group has been together since 7th grade, and had planned to make it through graduation. I see now that that isn't what God had planned. I really hate it, but I'm trying really hard to be open-minded about it all.

From the meeting, Elizabeth and I headed to Orbit. We were over an hour late, but we knew we had to go, since it is the last one and everything. To say it was nice would be the biggest understatement of the year. The last Orbit was awesome. It was spent just worshipping in however we felt called. It was a really great thing for me, especially after the day I had. It's a good feeling when you are sitting alone, praying, and person after person comes up to you to pray over you. My church...my GOD is so amazing. As are all of my friends. Wow.

So, yeah. Yesterday was a really...big day I guess. Lots of endings, and lots of new beginnings.

Now if I could just get biology done...
-caylielane

No comments:

Post a Comment