Saturday, June 5, 2010

Yet Another Fabulous Day.

Today was the Sole To Soul 5k- all the money went towards the Nashville and Jamaica mission trips this summer. It went great! I ran it with Carolyn and Julie. We had such an awesome time, and lots of people showed up! After the 5k, my family headed to Chick-Fil-A, which is always amazing. Chargrilled chicken sandwich...doesn't get much better than that.

Then Dad and I went home and watched The Visitor. You probably haven't heard of it. It's not really a typical movie- it felt more like a novel, because the characters were so well developed. You should watch it. Yes, you should.

After THAT, we met Eli at the athletic club and lifted weights, which was harder than normal, for some reason. I don't know. Hopefully I won't be sore tomorrow. Then Eli and I swam laps outside, which I absolutely loved! It reminded me of my intense swim team days, and not gonna lie, it made me miss it. But I can't go back...it takes over your life. Eli and I plan on keeping it up throughout the summer, though. I loved it. Did I mention that I loved it?

So, from the Athletic Club, Eli and I headed home and ate dinner. Christian was having a pool party for some of his homeschool friends, and I think they had lots of fun. Eli and I just watched Dear John. It was bizarre seeing it after reading the book. Let. Me. Tell. You. The book is so amazing. I read it in 2 days, no joke. The movie was a good attempt, but even the best actors and best director wouldn't be able to do the book justice. It's such a sweet story. Ah.

I constantly thank God for blessing me with Elizabeth. She's such an amazing friend, and I love her dearly.

-caylielane.

No comments:

Post a Comment