Sunday, June 20, 2010

Wide Open

I'm arriving at Brookhill in approximately 13 hours. (Well, 12 hours and 50 minutes. Not that I'm counting.) I can't wait to meet my campers, drink limeades, connect with kids, be outside, skip, laugh, be loud, praise Jesus, be random, be humbled, love, sing, be inspired, teach, learn, run errands, clean up behind FunDip-happy 3rd graders, spread joy....

It should be a week packed full of intense experiences. The word 'intense' comes in many colors and flavors, but I like it that way... if everything was grape...there would be no strawberry. You catching what I'm throwing?

My prayer for this week is that I would be wide open. I'm not going into it with any expectations, other than to listen and obey. I want to be open to building relationships, and REALLY pouring into the lives of the campers around me. Me alone...I'm capable of next to nothing. But if I can just open up, and let God work through me...making myself a tool up for His use...who knows what can happen this week.

This week? Who knows what can happen...period. In my life. For with God, nothing is impossible. I've been learning that over time; this year especially. He's done more than I ever even thought possible in me. I can rest in the fact that I don't have to, and cannot depend on myself. The Lord has everything under control, and all he asks of me is that I trust him.

That, I can do.

-caylielane.

No comments:

Post a Comment