Monday, September 13, 2010

Good Day.

I annoy myself. Why? Every time I start a new post, my instinct is to start it with "today has been/will be/is a great day", or something of the sorts. I guess that's a good thing, because it means that the majority of my days are good ones. But it sure would be boring for me to start every single post with that, wouldn't it? All of the goodness would eventually cancel itself out. If every day is a good day, then good becomes the normal. If life were nothing but mountain peaks, it would become a valley. Do you get what I'm saying?

With that having been said, today was a good day. Really, no joke. I had co-op first thing in the morning, which was good. Co-op always is. Sure the work isn't exactly a party, but I don't really mind it. And the people there make me happy. After co-op, I came home and relaxed for a bit before heading off to cross-country. Have I mentioned that I quit volleyball and replaced it with cross country? I did. And I couldn't be happier about it! I'm glad I played volleyball while I did, but I had gotten rather burned out. And I love running so much. Today was the first cross-country practice. Unfortunately...I didn't actually run. I just handed in my forms and met the coach. Why? I got "glutened", as my mom likes to say.

Yesterday for lunch, we went out to eat at a place that claimed to have "gluten free bread". The sign for it warned that the bread was cooked on the same cooking surfaces as things containing gluten, but I, not wanting to be one of those uber-sensitive people, ordered the sandwich with gluten free bread anyways. I learned two things from that experience:

1. One does not actually have a say about whether or not they are one of those uber-sensitive people.
2. I am one of them.

So, yes, more than 24 hours later, my stomach was still churning from the cross-contamination. I knew running while feeling like that would be nothing but a fail, so I decided to wait and go to the practice tomorrow.

Then, mom and I had a girl's night out while Dad and the boys went to football practice. We went out and shopped for gluten-free food, which was fun. I actually do enjoy that. No sarcasm here. After that, we went out to eat at an Asian restaurant. Normally, it's great, but tonight...eh. I ordered veggies over rice, and something funky was up. The veggies were dry and flavorless. I was a bit saddened. Anything Asian (people included) excite me. Oh well. I had a great time talking to my lovely mother. Then, we shopped around. The only thing we walked away with was a Halloween costume for little Carson...who is now four now...wow. He'll be the most precious monkey anyone has ever seen!

Now I'm home, and very happy. It's been a good day, and I will not apologize for using that phrase, because it's just...it's nothing but the truth. (:

-caylielane.

No comments:

Post a Comment