Saturday, September 11, 2010

Smiling...

You know how there are some experiences that are so simple, yet bring such a unique kind of joy that you wouldn't have it any other way? I hope you know that feeling, because it's one of the best ones out there. I had that feeling today. I spent this morning and early afternoon with that dear friend of mine who goes by the name of Carolyn. I spent last night at her new apartment with her. She shares it with a couple of sweet girls that I'm yet to actually meet. I've heard nothing but good about them, though.

Well, let me go about this a bit more chronologically. Last night, I went to a football game at my old school. Gracie, Scott, Tim, Carolyn, and Aaron came too. We had such a lovely time. It was very odd, the blending of friend groups. But it was fun, very fun. After the game, most of us went to Wendy's to eat. I love that place for...many various reasons. Their fries and their frostys are gluten free. Their main color is red (also known as the favorite color of caylielane). And their whole theme is "old fashioned"...and I'm a total granny. You do the math. I like Wendy's. After Wendy's and about thirty minutes of hanging out at Gracie's house, Carolyn and I headed to her apartment, which was very cute. We stayed up late talking and Facebook-frolicking. Ever since I deleted mine, I haven't been on Facebook very much, so that was fun. Very. We finally went to bed around 1:30, and woke up around 8:45.

When we woke up, we got ready in a very relaxed manner and then headed out the door. Where to, you might ask? Or, you might not. I'm going to tell you anywho. We were off for a girls day of shopping in the precious little downtown area close to her apartment! So fun. We shopped and shopped, but didn't buy much, simply because that's how we are. There were plenty of purchase-worthy items. Carolyn did get some adorable jeans, though. And I got some anique jewelry at this amazing antique store...oh my. Don't even get me started on how much I loved that store. Ask Carolyn, she knows. It brought me so much joy. I bought a ring and three necklaces.

I love old, random, and/or beautiful things. The store had old plates, dolls, postcards, quilts, lamps, chairs, baseball mitts, gloves, books, hats....and so much more. I was somehow transformed into a giddy little girl the moment I walked in.

I'm now back home. In a little over an hour, I'm going over to Tim's house with my fabulous mommy and little Carson. We're going for the birthday party for Naomi and Samuel. Carson is so excited! I know he'll have a great time.

You know...I'm a little tired. Very tired, actually. I'm thinking I might take a little nap. I'll dream of old things, I'm sure.

I love the song "Everybody" by Ingrid Michaelson. It's just joyful and simple. Like today was.

-caylielane.

No comments:

Post a Comment