Sunday, November 7, 2010

It's A Happy Day

The weather right now is on the verge of perfect, if not straight up perfect.

It's about 68 degrees- normally, that would be much to cold for a forever cold person like myself. I have two different ways of measuring the goodness of weather- living life weather, and running weather. When I spoke of perfection...I was definitely referring to running weather.

What I'm trying, in a round-about sort of way, to say is that I just went on a run, and it was the most amazing running weather you could ever dream of experiencing. It simply brought me joy. It was a long and slow run. I ran about seven miles, which I'm definitely happy with. I listened to music the whole time, which was great. I haven't had that luxury lately because of my lack of headphones. But, on the way home from lunch today, we stopped at the store and I bought myself some headphones! So I was back in business with my cute little ipod nano. It was just a great run altogether. The leaves are changing...ah.

Just....goodness.

Now I'm at home, doing this. Blogging, that is. I think I'm about to make puppy chow for community group tonight. (You know...the chex covered in chocolate/peanut butter and powdered sugar? Yeah. Good stuff.)

It feels like a fall day, and I like it. A good workout releases endorphins, I know. It makes me happy. I just...I think I'd be happy anyway. The run was just a bonus.

It's a happy day
And I thank God for the weather
It's a happy day
And I'm living it for my Lord
(shoo-bee-doo-wop-wop)
It's a happy day
And things are gonna get better
Living each day on the promises of God's word
(woah, woah, yyyeeeahhhh!)

Yes, that was necessary. I used to sing that song all the time when I was younger. I miss it. People should sing it more often. Maybe some big rock star should make a cover of it.

Haha, can you imagine? Hahahaha.

Yeah, anyways. Time to make puppy chow. Ciao!

-caylielane.

No comments:

Post a Comment