Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Rambling Once Again

I just got back from the Athletic Club- it was quite a great work out! I always feel happy after a really good workout. Today is a good day.

I spent the night with that wonderful, fabulous, beautiful, silly, brilliant girl named Gracie last night. We had quite a ball. I never say "quite a ball"; that felt weird. Please forgive me. Anyway, yes. We stayed up until the wee hours of the morning painting, watching movies, and talking. It was great. Girl nights are wonderful to me.

This morning I had to go to Chemistry class...yes, I know it's Thanksgiving break. It was a bit of an interruption to the break-mode that I'd allowed myself to settle into, but it wasn't all that bad. I like the people in my class, and I understand the material. We had a few good laughs during class yesterday, actually. Good times.

Yes. So, after Chemistry, and a quick Tropical Smoothie stop (This time, I went for the Kiwi Quencher. I also recommend the Cranberry Truffle, the Tropicolada, or the Peanut Butter Cup with no bananas. Just saying.), I came home, changed clothes, and headed to the Athletic Club. You know what came after that. Workout, followed by happiness.

So, here I am, at the computer, sitting in my happiness. Not the worst circumstance I can think of. Tonight, my lovely mother and father are heading out for a date night, and I'm going to babysit Dash. He's a cutie. I'm sure I've mentioned that at one point or another. Yes. I do believe I have.

You know what I love? Christmas. I absolutely cannot WAIT for Christmas. I mean...it is partially already here to me; the Christmas season in general is wonderful. But oh my. I can't even find the words to even slightly, in any way, describe just how much I love Christmas. It's magical, enchanting, joyful, nostalgic, special, and just amazing.

I also love Thanksgiving! So much. It's in only 2 days! We will be having Mimi and Jeanna over our house for our lovely feast and togetherness this year.

Not only do I love the festivities, food, and fun of the holiday season, but it's also a time that God often uses to reveal amazing things to me. I'm realizing just how much I have to be thankful for right now. I know it's easy to tune this kind of thing out, because you hear it all the time, but when you allow yourself to take a fresh look at what Thanksgiving and Christmas are really all about, the convicting truth is often totally unavoidable. I don't want to get so lost in the fun that I forget why we are celebrating in the first place. Thanksgiving is about more than food, or making a list of the great things in your life. It's something deeper. Christmas is more than Santa, presents, or even the birth. There is such powerful meaning behind the birth; Christ's birth was the beginning of something amazing.

I'm getting ahead of myself, I suppose. I tend to do that. I think I may go hang out with Dashie now.

Ah. Happy is what I am.

-caylielane.

No comments:

Post a Comment