Friday, November 26, 2010

Ready For All of This?

Wow. The past two days of my life have been wonderful, and drastically different from eachother.

Yesterday was Thanksgiving, which was wonderful. It was a very relaxed day with family (and that lovely girl called Eli). We ate some delicious food, watched Father of The Bride (well, the girls did anyway), and just....chilled. We were lazy. Although, I did get a chance to go running and biking earlier that morning. That was fun.

My mom finally is back in the blogging world, so if you feel the desire to read more in-depth about our Thanksgiving, check her blog: http://christiswritingthewaves.blogspot.com/

Today...well, today is Friday. But not just any Friday. Black Friday. Also known as the day of unimaginable sales starting at unimaginable times in the morning. Eli and I decided it would be fun to check it out, so we got up at 4:30 and headed out the door, ready to shop! It was a strange feeling, being out at what feels like the middle of the night, yet seeing herds of people in every major retail store you can think of. It was funny. The odd thing is, we didn't even buy that much. The sales were good, but...I don't know. I think we were both just feeling floppy. I got a shirt, some PJ pants, and a dress. Eli got a shirt, and maybe something else. You'll have to ask her. Anywho, it was an experience. I'm really glad we did it.

So, after shopping for what felt like a full day, we headed to Tim's house at 7:45 to meet up before going to work out. Tim, Mr. Joe, Josh, Eli and I swam laps for a while and then went to a spin class. It was great! It had been a while since I had swam laps. I did swim team a few years ago, so it brought back lots of memories. I also loved the spin class. I have officially decided that I like biking.

AND I've officially decided that I want to do a triathlon! Hopefully semi-soon-ish. (They don't call me the prefix/suffix queen for nothing.)Swimming, biking, and running. I want to do it! I just think doing a triathlon would be such an awesome experience.

Anyways, after the spin class, we all got some breakfast at a restaurant that makes dangerously huge pancakes. They are delightful; this I know from personal experience. However, today, my gluten-free self settled for a ham and cheese omelette. Although it really wasn't settling at all. That omelette was absolutely fabulous!

So, at this point, it was about 11:00 am. Eli and I had shopped for around 3 hours, gone swimming, gone biking, and eaten at a restaurant all by this time. It felt totally wierd. We were exhausted from not sleeping last night (we talked until 1. Oops.), so after eating, we headed home and slept until about 1:00.

Whew. Sounds like a full day, huh? Well, it was definitely not over yet. At 1:30, Eli and I met up with our sweet friend Rebekah to see a movie. We saw Morning Glory. I don't watch very much TV, so I never see commercials for upcoming movies. So, I had absolutely no idea what to expect. I knew Rachel McAdams was in it, and I think she's a great actress. And I'm glad I saw it, because it was really adorable! Nothing life-changing, but it was cute, funny, and had an overall good message. If you like movies with that kind of description...go see it.

Yes, all that I've been talking about all occurred today. But it's still not quite over. After the movie, I came home, and my family headed to Hot Springs! Yes, I'm serious. We went to an amazing garden that is covered, and i mean completely covered in Christmas lights. There were all kind of Christmas-y things to see- gingerbread houses, candy canes, Christmas trees, and many more bright and cheerful things. Not gonna lie, it made me very ready for Christmas! I can't wait.

So now I am done with today. Ah. It's been a long, crazy, jam packed day. I could use some sleep right about now. And I think I'm going to sleep in. Scratch that, I KNOW I'm going to. I rarely sleep in, so this will be wonderful. I think I hear my bed calling my name.

Farewell.

-caylielane, one tired and happy girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment