Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Today....

Today was a good day. It consisted of two of my four busy factors that I wrote about in my last post- school and church. Not running or theatre, actually. It's rare for me to have a day without either of those! I don't mind that, though. Anyhoo.

Today, I had co-op. Two of my four classes were cancelled, so I only had Art and Persuasive Writing. It was quite a light load! Haha. I liked it. After co-op, I was off to a junior class meeting. We are already planning our senior trip that will happen in a little bit over a year. Pretty funny, huh? We were originally planning a cruise, but that didn't work out...so it looks like we will be going to Florida! Or possibly Alabama. The beach. Which is still good, because I love the beach (as I also mentioned in my last post).

After the meeting, and a quick run to Tropical Smoothie (I got a Kiwi Quencher. It had been a while. YUMBO.), my sweet mama dropped me off at Tim's house. Gracie and Scott were already there, and I had arrived just in time to watch an episode of Chuck. Oh, how I love that show. If you haven't watched it, please do. I kid you not, it's spectacular. It will make you laugh, and it will make you cry. Possibly all at the same time. I highly recommend it.

Around 6 pm, we all headed to the church for Orbit. It was exceptionally good tonight. The main topic was simply loving your neighbor as yourself. If you are anything like I am, as soon as you read that, you allowed yourself to tune out what you were about to read. I do the same thing. Love your neighbor as yourself- we've all heard it, we all get it, right? Wrong. At least, for me. It's incredible how something so simple can be so hard to do. Or rather, can seem so hard to do. It's really not that complicated- we are called to treat others as we want to be treated. Or, to speak to others as we would like to be spoken to...give to others what we would like to be given. It's so easy to say no, but it's so rewarding to say yes.

Eli, I miss you.

-caylielane.

No comments:

Post a Comment