Saturday, August 27, 2011

Gah.

This is a fantastic day, I do not lie.

Megan (my future OBU roomie!) spent the night with me last night, which was great. We talked about so many things- from catching up on our lives these days (it's been far too long) to brainstorming about our dorm room. We have officially concluded that 1.) Our room will be totally and completely lovely and 2.) Our room will be clean. The second part is a goal, obviously. Anyhoo, we're both really pumped. I can't wait until we start shopping for bedding and such!

This morning, WE SLEPT IN. That doesn't happen in my life. Period. It was incredible, despite the 4 (yes four) separate alarms that went off during the process. It's like my body has forgotten how to sleep past 8:00. Once Megan and I were finally up and around, we headed to Wal-Mart, bought some gluten-free brownie mix, and headed back to my house. After donning our lovely aprons, we started melting that butter and cracking those eggs! It was a party. Once the brownies were finally in the oven, we had a seat and ate some cereal for breakfast (well, brunch. It was late.).

About this time, Megan had to head out to run some errands. After making a "Love You" card, I headed to Firefly with the plate of powdered-sugar topped brownies. You see, Katie, this precious girl I work with, is leaving a week from today to live in Italy as an exchange student for a year! Crazy man, crazy. I know. So, it only seemed right to bring her a card and brownies and attack her with a hug. It was good times, good times.

From there, mom and I met up to do some ring shopping. Purity ring shopping that is. Hahaha. I ended up picking out a really gorgeous, sterling silver ring that says "True Love Waits" around it, in a font that looks a little bit scratchy and handwritten, which I like. It's a great ring, and I plan to wear it for a good while!

My sweet mama and I then headed to the mall and got our nails done while my ring was being engraved. Talk about a special day. Gah.

And, as if that weren't enough, I'm about to head out for a date night with Tim! Dinner and a movie. The Help. I've already seen it, and I'm thrilled to be seeing it again. If you haven't seen it, I recommend you do so ASAP. No joke, my friend, no joke.

Ok. Head out I must. Good day!

-caylielane.

1 comment:

  1. That indeed was a good day! I'm so glad you blogged it! I want to make some brownies now :)

    ReplyDelete